Monday 24 September 2012

Ravens

One part of the Spirit Animal project requires us to produce a 3D form of one of our characters. I had some experience with model making over a couple of projects during first year, with clay, paper and textiles, though I decided in this case to try something a little different. Rather than attempt to produce the full physical form of a raven (which would be more than a little complicated), I chose instead to create a relief of sorts, using layered and arranged shreds of material. I used patterned black lace, providing texture to an otherwise plain silhouette form.



The following are some of my preliminary research photos of a raven, taken at the Tower of London. The photos are all of the same raven. Notice the variety in forms and texture resulting from a change in pose, or the fluffing of feathers.











No comments:

Post a Comment