Thursday 17 April 2014

Final Major Project

The following are a couple of examples of inked textures added into arrangements:

**PLEASE NOTE THAT THE COLOURS ARE UNFORTUNATELY CHANGED WHEN UPLOADED HERE, AND DO NOT APPEAR AS SUCH ON THE ORIGINALS**



The latter piece was created after advice on adding variety to the selection of images, such as inside buildings. I feel the textures work well to transform the environment, with the compositional angles already lending an intimidating feel.

Further examples of ink work:





After a review of my work so far, I am looking to add further elements to my environments that suggest story, and generate interest (along the lines of the insects in a previous post). Mystery and drama are strong elements that can be created with subtle additions, often implying rather than revealing. My discussion with Greg Leach was helpful in respect to this. I have looked to the work of Geoff Grandfield for his techniques in this regard, due to his strong use of stylised composition, and silhouette, implied narrative and minimalistic story-telling. Interesting examples of his work:




http://geoffgrandfield.co.uk/



No comments:

Post a Comment