Monday 14 April 2014

Final Major Project

After deciding to focus on environment for the project, I set out taking photos and gathering useful images from my own archives, having planned to use photography as a key element before even deciding on a project theme. I have predominantly taken pictures around Manchester for use in my images, although I also gathered some of my own older photos from elsewhere to use. The first piece I put together was this:

**PLEASE NOTE THAT THE COLOURS ARE UNFORTUNATELY CHANGED WHEN UPLOADED HERE, AND DO NOT APPEAR AS SUCH ON THE ORIGINALS**


In the book, the demons causing havoc are described as doing so invisibly, but I took creative freedom in depicting one in a vague but ominous form. It is a pencil drawing, digitally-silhouetted and implemented into a composite of three photos in Photoshop. I altered colouration and lighting for atmosphere, and then made use of blurring to replicate lens blur and give a sense of depth, while also enhancing the mysterious aspect of the looming figure (Not apparent on this version, compromised in the upload to the blog).

The piece's components are as follows: 





I think the outcome of this arrangement worked well- I received positive feedback over it, with advise to consider more subtle additions to photos however. This is approach understandable and also correlates with the book's narrative.

No comments:

Post a Comment