Friday 15 March 2013

Historic Wartime Animation

For the latest project, I chose to accept the option to continue further work with Age UK on the Historic Wartime brief. One aspect of the project required us to take our final image and animate it in some way; I took this:


...and created this...

"I always carried my gas mask"


Initially, the idea of creating an animation from my image seemed potentially problematic, due to the clash of the portrait format of the picture, and that required for a video to be played on a TV. At first I intended on re-assembling and colouring the image from scratch in landscape format, but decided this wasn't necessary to produce the basic animation I had in mind. The piece came together well, with the multiple separate elements lending themselves well to the animation. I believe the motion enhances the ghostly feel, and I felt Glenn Miller's 'Moonlight Serenade' encapsulated the era portrayed well, with an inherently nostalgic quality to it. The pace complimented the animation's, and I'm satisfied with the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment